Pages

Saturday 16 January 2016

SLJ: Day 6 Activity 2

Pikelets

1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons sugar
1 egg
2/3 cup milk
1 tablespoon melted butter
Sift flour into a mixing bowl and add sugar. Mix together egg and milk and mix into dry ingredients. Add melted butter. Add 2 tablespoons of mixture to the heated greased pan. Cook for approximately 2 minutes on medium heat, until bubbles appear on the surface of the pikelet. Turn over pikelet and cook until other side is golden.
Serve with your favourite jam and some more butter.

The reason I chose pikelets is because pikelets are almost the same as crumpets. And I like both of them alot.

It Should Turn Out Something Like This.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Josh,

    What a good idea you had to post a recipe for pikelets. It is almost lunch time here at work and, after reading your post, I am starting to get very hungry!

    I think that I will try your recipe tomorrow morning for breakfast. Aronui (my son) loves pancakes and crumpets so I think that he would love to try pikelets. What do you typically put on a pikelet? I see that the authors of the recipe suggest that you put jam and butter on it. Is that what you would do?

    I would probably opt for maple syrup because that is a very common thing to do in Canada. We love our maple syrup and eat it on pancakes, french toast and, even, bacon!

    What should Aronui and I do tomorrow? Should we opt for jam or maple syrup?

    Looking forward to reading your reply,

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you should have maple syrup. And I would too.

      Delete
  2. oh wow I love pikelets! With butter and jam. I live in London and I don't think anyone eats them here, so I'll bake some using your recipe and share them with my English friends. Maybe they will become really popular in England!! Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a plan, Josh! Maple syrup it is :)

    ReplyDelete