Pages

Wednesday 2 April 2014

Dependent and independent clauses



We have been learning all about independent and dependent clauses in complex sentences.
This complex sentence that I have written uses a dependent and independent clause. A dependent clause, needs extra detail so that it can complete the sentence, whereas an independent sentence could actually make a sentence on its own.

Here is my sentence: 
I have highlighted the dependent clause yellow and the independent clause red


As I entered the swimming pool, we listened to our instructions.

2 comments:

  1. Remember Josh that you have an amazing brain in your head. Focus carefully on your tasks and instructions, so that you are always clear about what to do. Ask for help if you need it by asking great questons- be clear about what you need to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hay josh I like your Independent and Dependant classes josh and well done

    ReplyDelete